Custom Pages

Thursday, October 23, 2014

More Squares and Upcoming Inkscape Tips

I've added a few more squares to my mat. It's interesting to see how the design looks as it grows:
(This pattern can now be found in my Etsy shop)

The diagrams for the above pattern and the cross are nearly there, and I will try to get them posted to my Etsy shop next week. The patterns are almost identical, so they will be offered as a bundle, for the same price as a single pattern.

I've been using a free program called Inkscape to draw all of my tatting diagrams. As I worked on the cross and square variation, I realized just how confusing Inkscape can be to use. A few tatters have expressed interest in making diagrams, so I've decided to start a series of posts with tips about diagramming with Inkscape. My goal is to make short posts, each dealing with a specific topic.

I don't have any plan on a schedule for these posts, and I think I will keep it that way. I will post them as I write them and make a new tab at the top of the page with links to each tip.

8 comments:

God's Kid said...

Truly elegant!! :)

muskaan said...

Love the aesthetic effect of negative spaces ; the elegant twirls of chains, ... ! This could so easily become a superb large project .
Well, you know I will be waiting for the Inkscape tutorials :-)

Madtatter80 said...

It is very nice and it is interesting how it changes I can't even see the crosses, I just know they are there.

Unknown said...

Love, love, love this cross pattern. Can't wait for you to put it on Etsy.

Margarets designer cards said...

Another lovely pattern, I like as a cross or as a square.
Margaret

Tally Tatty said...

If not moren the whole is aways diffrenet from the parts! That motivates me to continue working on something!

Emilie L. said...

Magnificent and original (because its shape) doily <3

Robin Perfetti said...

Thanks all! Sorry, I've been so busy with these diagrams that I haven't responded to the comments, but I do read and appreciate every one!