Custom Pages

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Tatting Pattern: Valentine Heart

Last week, Etsy finally came through and announced that they will be taking care of the VAT on the sale of digital items. The details are still being sorted out, and nothing has been implemented yet, but I'm glad that they are taking responsibility. (Click here to read more about it on the Etsy blog)

With Valentine's Day coming up in a few weeks, I decided to try my hand at designing a heart. The pattern can be found in my Etsy shop.

(Click Here to go to the listing)

You will need to supply your own filigree jewelry finding for this pattern (more details in the listing), or you could make the version with the tatted center.

This is the first heart that I have designed and I found it to be much more difficult than making snowflakes! I think it has to do with trying to get the shape right. I have no idea how other tatters manage to design things like animals. Maybe I will get there someday.

Here's an idea of the finished size, using Lizbeth size 20 thread:


I had a lot of fun playing with the design in different colors and different jewelry findings. I think I like the square filigree center best, but I'm wondering if there are heart shaped centers that would also work.





14 comments:

Madtatter80 said...

These are very beautiful and I like that you can use or not use the filigree, cause some places and times they are not readily available or right size!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I have some of those square findings, so I guess I need the pattern!

Lavinia said...

The pattern is very lovely, even without the findings. I'm glad Etsy has sorted things out with the VAT, so you don't have to take anything off the shop.

Carla said...

...wow... wonferful!

muskaan said...

Lovely heart ! Another designing triumph :-)

Lilas Lace said...

Wonderful pattern!

Robin Perfetti said...

Thanks everyone! Now I think it's time to get back to Jane's TIAS and the Stawasz Mega Doily...

Jane McLellan said...

Lovely heart. Yes, I would think the shape is more tricky than a circle. So if you can do that, you can do animals!

Phyllis said...

Design well done. Lovely heart. I have tried a heart once. Looked like an owl not a heart!

Robin Perfetti said...

Hahaha, yeah I could see that happening :)

I went through about 8 different versions before I got the shape to resemble a heart. Definitely some frustration there!

Robin Perfetti said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Jane. I hope to someday figure out how to design an animal, though it seems quite far away at the moment :)

Tally Tatty said...

These are very, very pretty hearts! Thank you, I 'll download the pattern immediately.

God's Kid said...

Those hearts are so awesome!!!! :)

Jenn said...

The pattern is gorgeous :). Love love love :).